Friday, April 13, 2012
Some good news and some bad news
I will hurry up and get the bad news out of the way first so we can talk about more fun things (i.e. KEEP READING... hint, hint).
Everyone likes the bad news first, right? And I hope this news isn't too bad...
Effective starting May 1st, we will no longer be able to permanently offer the "Soulemama" discount to our online customers, nor our in-store customers.
About a year ago, I had made an announcement that the "Soulemama" discount would be permanent, but unfortunately I find myself in the position of having to retract that promise.
The reasons behind this decision actually have a lot to do with our in-store discount policy.
We have always, for years and years, offered a 10% discount to guild members, but also to "frequent flyers," small-business owners and recently, to Soulemama readers who knew about the promotional code as well.
Our intentions with this discount policy were good.
But you know what they say about good intentions...
The discount unfortunately caused some hard feelings and confusion with our in-store customers, and after a lot of thought and discussion, my business associate (Mom) and I decided it would be best to discontinue all 10% discounts.
So there's the bad news.
Cat's out of the bag.
Are you ready for the GOOD news?
The good news is as follows:
• We are currently working on a discount program that puts everyone on an even playing field... something like a "punch card" that all of our customers can partake in, whether they are local, online, guild members, small business owners, "frequent flyers," Soulemama readers or what have you.
• We are not *quite* ready to put this new plan into action: we still have some "tweaking" to do, but it's gonna be good for all concerned.
• We will also still be offering the Soulemama discount on a promotional basis, probably for a period of about one week after a featured giveaway on Amanda's blog.
• Even though the in-store discounts already ended on April 1st, you can still use the promotional code "Soulemama" until May 1st to get 10% off your entire online order (does not apply to shipping), so use it 'til you lose it!
• Tomorrow is my birthday (#33) and as I am in a particularly good mood and haven't done a giveaway in a while, I thought I would give you, my readers, a present because I am that kind of a girl...
Leave a comment on this post (I will close comments on Tuesday, April 17th) and you will be entered to win one of our new "Itty Bitty Bundles" of Flea Market Fancy... (21) 9" by 11" cuts, one of each print from the collection.
I love the Itty Bitty Bundles... I like making them, I like using them, I like looking at them.
They are just so darn cute (and perfect if you like scrappy projects and/or paper-piecing hexagons like I do).
So please forgive me for the bad news and if you have any questions and/or suggestions please do let me know.
Good luck with the giveaway!
Posted by Rhea Butler at 1:28 PM