Thursday, November 4, 2010

Late Riser's Sale this Saturday from 9 to 5

It is a fact that here in New England certain traits are valued above others.

I think one of these traits is the ability to get up early.














Too bad I'm not so much of a morning person: my Grandmother is probably most ashamed of me.

Working here at Alewives I don't have to be in the shop until 10:00 am and about 85% of the time I make it by then, so it all works out okay.

But there is one day a year when I get out of bed at the crack of 4:30-ish to be showered and dressed and ready-to-go with a cup of tea in my hand for Damariscotta's annual Early Bird Sale.

The shopping mayhem begins at 6:00 am and the earlier you shop, the bigger your discount is, so there is quite a bit of strategy involved determining which shop you want to visit first.

A lot of store give an extra discount if you come in your PJ's.

Trust me, NOBODY wants to see me at 6:00 am in my PJ's.

But I do like to get up early that one day of the year and score some deals (usually most of the scoring happens at Darling&Delisle and I know theoretically you are supposed to be buying gifts for other people and then squirreling them away for Christmas, but I always end up buying things for myself!)

Then every year at around 8:30 I shoot back over to the store here in Damariscotta Mills and we hold our annual Late Riser's Sale that same day.

We open a whoooooole hour early, at 9:00 and everything is 20% off that day.


It's usually pretty crazy and everybody is in a good mood and Mom has to work that day (which tickles me to no end), so the Late Riser's Sale is always one of my favorite days of the year.


The Late Riser's Sale is the official kick-off to the Holiday shopping season, and it is also when we kick-off our annual Food Drive.

This year, anyone who brings in a non-perishable food item or toiletry item for the food drive gets a free surprise gift from us, so please donate early and donate often!

Last year we were able to donate over 200 lbs. of food to our local pantry, but this year I bet we will be able to donate even more.

If you are local to the area we would love to see you here!

XO,

Rhea


PS... For those of you who visit us via the internet, don't forget that we have a special sale coming up just for you! From Thursday, November 18th through Sunday, November 21st, all internet sales will be 20% off (we will manually adjust the price after your order has been placed). You won't need a coupon or a code or nothing... It's our way of saying thanks to you for a phenomenal first year and a half with our online store!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my mom and i will be there! see ya then! :)