Monday, December 28, 2009

Coming soon in 2010

Here's a sneak peak at what AlewivesGirl has in store for 2010 (a blogging re-vamp of sorts):

Fabric Mythbusters (I think this is a particularly brilliant idea of mine where I plan to explore the myths associated with fabrics and quilting/sewing in general and tell you if they are fact or fiction. For example: Do you really need to wash your fabrics before sewing with them? Will cutting paper with your good fabric scissors really dull them down? Can you use large scale prints in small scale projects? You get the idea! )

Back to Basics (After 11 years in a fabric store, I have seen a thing or two come up again and again and again. I thought it might be a good idea to give the once-over treatment to such subjects as rotary cutting, binding, making your own piping and bias tape, inserting a zipper: you get the idea!)

Interviews (I plan to stalk your favorite authors/designers and harass them until they concede to an interview with me. If that plan fails, I promise genuinely entertaining interviews with the Alewives staff and customers and if that plan fails, I can always interview myself! You get the idea!)

Giveaways (I KNOW you get that idea!)

A Potholder Swap ( Who doesn't love potholders? They're so cute and little and quick to make! We'll each make a set of potholders and swap them with people all over the country and perhaps even the world! More details to follow, but you get the idea!)

Book and Pattern Reviews ( I don't always have the best track record for finishing projects, but I do always have good intentions. One of my New Year's resolutions is to do some "field research" for all those new books and patterns that catch my eye... or at least hand the blogging reins over to someone who can! You get the idea!)

Wedding Watch 2010 ( Of course I will chronicle the road to domestic bliss for myself and Oliver... whether you want me to or not! )

Any other suggestions?

Lay 'em on me, I'm all ears!

That is all for now...

Have a Happy New Year and I will see you in 2010!!!

XO,

Rhea

5 comments:

DianeY said...

I think you have some great ideas for 2010.
I'd especially be interested in the first 2 you listed, but I'd love to hear about your wedding, too! And an interview with you!
Good luck for the new year & as we say in Hawaii - Hauoli Makahiki Hou!

Tina @ Squirrel Acorns said...

Sounds like a fun year Rhea! Love the idea of a potholder swap, and of course wedding watch sounds like a great time!

Denise said...

All the ideas you mentioned sound great. Looking forward to 2010.

Karen L R said...

bring it all on, rhea!

Sue said...

yahoo! sounds fun... i look forward to reading more. may 2010 be filled with happiness & prosperity.