Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Sew-Along

It's coming 'round again...

First Friday Summer Sew Along.

What could be more summer-y than a big, beautiful floppy sun hat?


I am DETERMINED that it WILL be sunshine-y at SOME point this summer. I'm going on a "weather strike" and I'm refusing to acknowledge the blecchy weather and I'm going to wear my flip-flops and sun hats and Jackie-O glasses anyways.

So, Friday, July 3rd we WILL be open until 8:30 for sewing lounge and those who so choose can make an Amy Butler Blue Sky Sun Hat. Everyone is responsible for their own patterns (we have them for sale at the store and you may certainly arrange to share with someone but we are unable to photocopy patterns... I've said it before and I'll say it again: we are MUCH too pretty to go to jail!) but we will all meet up anytime after 4:00 and make Sun Hats together. Perfect for watching the 4th of July parades.

By the by, is anybody going to the Round Pond parade this year?

As a local, I am ashamed to admit that I have never been to the Round Pond parade.

As a Mainer, I claim my fear of large crowds.

Well, not so much "fear of" as "annoyance with..."

But parade or no, the Blue Sky Sun Hat is a GREAT pattern.

I've made a couple-three-four now, but have not yet been successful at making and keeping one for myself.

I think I shall use this fabric.



And hey, you can always use it to keep off the rain, right?

See you again soon,

XO,

Rhea

1 comment:

Liz said...

WHAT!!!!! You have NEVER been to the Round Pond Parade?? Rhea, Rhea, for shame! you must - it is awesome.

And, I'm not just saying that because we are in it for the 3rd year. Yes, Jeff, moi, 7 nieces and nephews, 4 great nieces/nephews and 1 four-legged niece will be marching this year.

Don't want to give away our theme but hope to see you there!