Thursday, April 16, 2009

30th Birthday Sale


NEVER in all my 30 years (I can say that now!) have I seen ANYTHING like the store on the day of my 30th Birthday Sale. We were packed in tight from the moment we opened in the morning to the moment we closed an hour late. I have to admit, I was not expecting that kind of turn-out, but it was a very pleasant surprise.

We saw lots of our friends, like this gal, who gifted me a pair of her fabulous earrings (Thanks, Chris!) and made new friends, like this gal (Hi Ellen...I love the young ladies owning their own business!) and lots of Mamas out with their new babies, the youngest of whom was only five days old. That's hard-core.

A HUGE thank-you to everyone who turned out. It was a very special day for me and I can truly say it was unforgettable... followed by a much needed glass of Prosecco and dinner out at this place and then a total nose-dive into bed.

I also have to say Thank You to Jessie and Rina who worked very hard all day long and to Jessica who showed up of her own free-will and pitched in, even though it was her day off. We are very lucky to have you three at the store!

Aaand, I suppose I should thank my Mom, Barbara, not only for owning the store but also for doing all of the hard work 30 years ago!

Shamelessly exploiting your 30th birthday? I highly recommend it.


















See you again soon!

XO,

Rhea








3 comments:

Liz said...

Sooooooooo sorry I missed it!! Happy Birthday, Rhea! You don't look a day over 29! Cheers, Liz

Peggy said...

I can hardly look at your post, or Iris' -- this looked so wonderful. I can't believe I missed it. I am hoping that you'll do it again in 10 years! Happy Birthday, Rhea!

Ellen said...

It was great fun to meet you! That was quite a birthday celebration! Thanks for all you did to feed my new addiction!