Monday, September 17, 2007

No place like home!



Michaela got married just fine, it was truly a wonderful wedding and she and her man spent the honeymoon in lovely Nova Scotia. And, do you know where I myself just returned from??? Just a little old place called FENWAY PARK where I watched the Red Sox completely spank the Yankees 10 to 1. Nevermind that this spanking was sandwiched in between 2 absolutely heartbreaking losses... they won when I was there. I MUST be a good luck charm. Now all I can think of is going back to another game: they need me. I'm completely addicted now: it was the most fun thing I've done in a long time. AND I got to share this experience with my little sister, which made it even sweeter. Her assimilation is now complete: I have succesfully cloned a "mini-Rhea".

And since I mentioned in my last post that all of my friends are either pregnant and/or getting married, I thought I'd show you a little somethin' somethin' that I made for my friend Rachel who's having a little baby in November: It's the Weekender Bag by Amy Butler. This is my second attempt at the bag, folks. My first attempt came out okay, but I was feeling very much held back by my inferior machine (brand to remain nameless). Now that I have inherited and taken advantage of my Great-Grandmother's old green Kenmore I am UN-STOPPABLE. If you can get your hands on an old, heavy Kenmore, you'll never go back. That thing sews through ANYTHING and I can't say enough about how much I love it. Thank you, great-Grandma (whom I never met) for your sewing machine and thank you Grandma (who I still meet every morning for Tea) for MAKING me use it, even when I said I wanted something new. Grandma's are great things.

So, I'm very pleased with how Rachel's Weekender Bag (Which she requested as a Diaper Bag) turned out. I added pockets to the interior for bottles and thangs and made her a matching changing pad. Welcome to the world little Sarah-Mae!!! Your stylish mama can't wait to meet you. Neither can your Auntie Rhea-Rhea!!!

P.S. Thank you, Erin for taking the lovley photos!!!










2 comments:

Erin said...

Bag looks terrific :) Glad the game was good! I must admit, I'm not much of a sports fan. I thought about you today as I drove by the store! I will stop in soon!!

Philigry said...

that bag looks great, I have made two of these myself, and holy smokes, they are not easy. I am coming to your store tomorrow, and I can not wait...I have never been, but I am so happy to find a local place that sells amy butler and freshcut fabric!